Parenting can be a challenging journey to navigate! – As a parent, I understand this statement fully, through my own journey and experiences.
It was through these experiences that I became a certified tutor, trainer, and compassionate specialist in teaching mindfulness skills, and healing meditations to children/teens of all abilities, including SEN, Autism or ADHD. I have over 7 years of experience working with children and families in groups, individual 1-2-1 sessions, and in schools.
Here at Lollipop Therapies, we provide support and information on the healing benefits of mindfulness and meditation for children struggling with big emotions, anxiety, or stress.
We use simple mindful techniques and meditations that can help improve the mental, physical and emotional well-being of children – promoting confidence, resilience, and boosting self-esteem, to help them cope with life’s challenges. The results can be incredibly powerful – helping them develop a sense of themselves in an ever-changing world, and where the healing benefits are felt by the whole family.
Practising fun and easy ways to work with their breath, and the movement of their bodies creates the space and opportunity to process their thoughts and feelings when they occur, rather than further down the line, where they can often appear as anger, anxiety, stress, or lack of focus and concentration.
Our classes are centred around the needs of the child and are packed with enriching mindful activities and bespoke meditations to help children create their unique ‘mindfulness toolbox’ to access at any time.
Every child is allowed to move freely within the class and encouraged to move in ways that feel right for them, and to be themselves within the group. Classes are non-competitive, non-judgmental, and inclusive of all additional needs. Everyone is encouraged to join in, but it’s also okay for them to rest and re-join when they feel ready. Classes are mindful, allowing the children to be present in how they are feeling, strengthening self-regulation and emotional wellbeing.
- Movement – to help with strength, balance and body awareness.
- Sound – mindful listening helps develop connection, kindness and understanding towards themselves and others.
- Colour – communicating thoughts and feelings more creatively.
- The breath – mindful breathing is a powerful tool when children feel anxious, worried or overwhelmed, helping calm the nervous system, improving focus and concentration, and aid learning.
- Guided visualization – helps the mind and body relax, and create positive thoughts and feelings.
- Develop a self-care routine – through positive affirmations, kindness, and gratitude.
Your child’s place is only confirmed on receipt of the full payment due in advance of the class, via bank transfer or PayPal. If paying by bank transfer you will be sent an email with bank details to make the payment (please check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive it within 24 hours of the booking). Your place will be confirmed within 24 hours of payment.